There is a saying: “Children are the flowers of life”. But when children are raised with God, they are not only flowers of life, but also fruitful branches filled with the sap of life and light. In order for these branches to be grafted to the Vine, to grow healthy and beautiful, we should pray for them.
A special prayer for children and teenagers was held in Kiev Jewish Messianic Congregation on June 1, 2014. Parents, children and teen ministers together with those they serve were praising God, dancing and praying for one another and for other children for several hours straight.
They prayed in different directions:
- for this summer to be the summer of the Lord’s favor for children and teens of the Congregation;
- for families, for God’s order in the families and in the Congregation as a spiritual family;
- for upswing and development of all KJMC children and teen ministries;
- for healing of sick children;
- for God to direct and strengthen children and teens in everything.
The prayer was held in the atmosphere of the powerful presence of God and inspiration. The teenagers prayed and interceded for their peers and the rising generation: “We will not give up praying for every single teenager and we will stand to the end, so that no temptation or hesitation could lead us astray…”
«We want our children, teenagers, their parents and teen ministers to pray together for development of these ministries and for strengthening the children in the Lord. The personal prayer is also important, but it is very powerful when we unite our efforts!» - shared KJMC teen minister Julia Polozova.
The next prayer for the new generation is going to be held in September of 2014.